Matt has a friend who lives in the southwest U.S. and has been basically looking for a job there for the better part of two years. He’s been doing some contract work here and there to make ends meet, but permanent work has been hard to find with the economy being what it’s been for a couple years now.
Matt mentioned to him that our Tri-Cities economy has weathered the storm and stayed pretty strong, and suggested he look for a job up in these parts. The friend was open to the idea — “I’ll move wherever the jobs are” — and so we put together this handy little guide to job-hunting in the Tri-Cities … even if you’re not living in the Tri-Cities.
The Tri-Cities (Richland, Kennewick, Pasco) job growth and economy has consistently been ranked highly on a number of counts/lists. Our real estate market has remained much stronger than most other markets, too. We have the Hanford Nuclear Facility here, and that received a lot of stimulus money — adding more jobs to the situation. Here are some links:
- Tri-Cities beating the nation in adding new jobs (most recent)
- Tri-Cities, Yakima among best places to start over
- In similar counties, stimulus impact is miles apart
- Kennewick Real Estate Featured on CNNMoney
Those links set the stage for why the Tri-Cities job market is where it is today.
Tri-Cities Job Hunting Links
We also shared some links to actually begin looking for a job here.
General Job Listing Sites
- Tri-City Herald/CareerBuilder.com Job Listings
- Simply Hired: Tri-Cities Job Search
- WorkSource Washington Job Search (you have to start there and then choose “Pasco” and/or “Richland/Kennewick” from the drop-down list)
- Monster.com Tri-Cities Job Listings (using 99336 as the search area with a 20-mile outbound radius)
- Tri-Cities jobs listed on Craigslist, as suggested by Ryan in the comments – thanks!
- PNNL Jobs
- Hanford Contractors
- Bechtel Hanford Vit Plant Jobs
- Energy Northwest Jobs
- USAJobs.gov, as suggested by Ben in the comments – thanks!
Other Tri-Cities Job Opportunities
The last link we sent to Matt’s friend was a link to the About Tri-Cities page here on my web site. I have links to the major hospitals, school districts, government web sites, and so forth — all of which should have easy-to-find job listings online.
What did we miss?
If you know of a great web site for finding Tri-Cities jobs, please leave a link to it in the comments and we’ll consider adding it to our list above. If you’re looking for a Tri-Cities job, we hope this is helpful! And if you’re relocating to the Tri-Cities, I’d be honored to help you find a home. Drop me a note if I can help.
Don’t forget usajobs.gov for government jobs. You can do a quick zipcode search, or an Advanced Search and pick WA – Kennewick & WA- Richland (hold down control to select both).
Ooops, thanks! You’re right, that’s a great source, too.
I think http://kpr.craigslist.org/jjj/ is a decent resource as well.